This fan film from Iron Horse Cinema Productions is pretty well made. It starts off with a really nice style and production quality but I just didn’t really feel a connection to the characters, and definitely no where near the level I did when playing the game. Still, it is very good for a fan film.
I enjoyed playing PaperBoy as a kid but I don’t know if I ever managed to get good enough to get past the second week. If I played it like this then I am sure I would have put in enough time playing to get good enough to!
Check out the Engadget article for more information.
Coran Stone has created some brilliant art recreating your favorite characters as seen in a new light. As well as the ideas being great the actual art and final compositions are amazing.
Check out more of Stone’s work over DeviantArt.
Here is the CreativeVisualArt article that introduced me to Stone’s work.
I’ve never played this game properly yet but I love World Of Illusion, which was the sequel to this, and spent many hours playing the co-op with my grandparents and uncle during my childhood so I’m sure I will love this game too. It’s interesting listening to the thoughts and processes behind redeveloping this classic Sega Mega Drive game, but I am torn on the outcome. I love my retro games and would love to see it remastered sticking more to the 2D style, a bit like the recent Raymond games.
Thank you Edge Online for the link.
This interesting arty video shows a selection from more than 200.000 pictures taken by the Cassini Spacecraft around Saturn’s Rings in a period between 2004 and 2012. I do enjoy the way it has been edited and set to the music but it would also be nice to see a move sedate version to enjoy the images in more detail a bit easier.
Check out the article over on Peta Pixel that showed me this video.
This trailer for a new stop motion animated series from Disney has a lovely style and feel to it, I’m looking forward to seeing some episodes.
This is a pretty interesting trailer/behind the scenes for Ryse: Son Of Rome from Crytek. Having much better face rigs (~4x the detail) and better mo-cap systems will make a massive difference to next-gen games.
BuzzFeed wrote an article with their top 23 most interesting and surprising facts they learnt from the BBC TV programme QI. Here are some of my favourites:
1. Under extreme high pressure, diamonds can be made from peanut butter.
2. Tintin is called Tantan in Japanese because Tintin is pronounced ‘Chin chin’ and means penis.
6. The Queen is the legal owner of one-sixth of the Earth’s land surface.
7. The shortest war ever fought was between Britain and Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
10. The word ‘time’ is the most commonly used noun in English.
11. One in ten European babies is conceived in an IKEA bed.
15. In 1811, nearly a quarter of all the women in Britain were named Mary.
19. Manchester United is the most hated brand in Britain and the seventh most hated in the world.
20. The French mathematician Descartes had a theory that monkeys and apes were able to talk – but kept quiet in case they were asked to do any work.
22. It costs more to make the cardboard box that Shredded Wheat comes in than it does to make the cereal itself.
Check out the article for the rest of the list and some funny GIFs to accompany them.
Laika, the team behind the amazing films Caroline and Paranorman, are working on a new film called The Box Trolls. This theatrical trailer is the first time I have seen anything about this film and I already love it and cannot wait to see it! If you haven’t seen their other films and enjoy animated films I would really recommend waiting them.
For more information and to check out the latest trailers check out the film’s wonderfully quirky website, TheBoxTrolls.com.
Here is the article from CreativeBloq that introduced me to this film.